Tuesday, May 15, 2007



Back from a whirlwind trip to Vegas (for Mother's day, of all things). Forgot how much I appreciate excessive dry heat. In any case, I'm due for an update here.

A few projects that I've been working on:

Be sure to add PSFK to your feeds. I've been writing on media, wireless, and a wide range of other things. All of the contributors are spot on re: issues pertaining to design, branding, sustainability, etc. Check it out!

As I've mentioned in the past, I'm also working with the Socialight guys, who've come up with an amazing platform for location-based information. If you haven't yet, go sign up, and try it out on your phone on the WAP site.

Elsewhere, I'm working on a feature for Matt Dear's new record, Asa Breed, for Earplug. Stay tuned for that. For the Pop Manifesto, I'm chugging on a Minimal Wave feature, and writing up a good guide to Iceland. That issue should be dropping in June.

For the electronic music-minded, I'm stepping up my contributions again over at Stylus Magazine's Beatz by the Pound feature, edited by my pal Michael Gill. Go check it if you haven't lately.

Per usual, I'm looking after the CD reviews along with my pal Jake @ Flavorpill, and also writing weekly on good streaming sides, media, etc. If you have any good tips, feel free to drop me a line.

A few things I'm feeling lately:

Justin Carter's New Release. Go sign up for this mailer that highlights great NYC goings-on.

Selway + Vincenzo- Dream Stealer (CSM)
Battles- Atlas
JPLS- twilite
Konono no.1- Live in Tokyo EP
Luca Bacchetti- Rolling Brooklyn (Wagon Repair)
Machinefabriek- Spliters
Seefeel- Quique (Redux Edition) (Thanks Nate!)
Kalabrese- Rumpelzirkus
Apparat- Walls
Gudrun Gut- I put a record on

No comments: