Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I finally had a spare second to transcribe the Glimmers interview that I did about two months or so ago. Two of the nicest guys I've had the pleasure to meet, and their musical knowledge is second to none. They were equally comfortable talking about everything from rare psych disco and new kompakt 12's to vintage acid house and baile funk, and their sheer enthusiasm for all types of music was really refreshing to see. What was most interesting to me is that their ecclectism was partially rooted in the fact that when they played parties early on, they had several different crowds to satiate, from the ravers, to the hip hop kids, etc.

On that note, I'm going to try and sort out an interview with JD Twitch from Optimo soon, which should be fun. Stay tuned for both. I'll try to post the Glimmers new 12' "Cassette" tonight.

No comments: