Monday, May 23, 2005

Mexico city was an experience, though I can't say that I managed to see that much of it over the course of two days. My friend Philipp just mentioned that its like LA in 10 years or so, and I'd say thats right on the mark. 20 million people, and a thick haze of pollution blanketing the city. My initial experience with how huge it actually is was only reinforced when were were coming in to land... almost otherworldly in density.

In terms of culture and such, I was able to check out the Museum of Modern art, as well as the Anthropological Museum, both of which were absolutely fantastic. Other than that, I pretty much just wondered the streets, checking out different cafes and such. Though I was a bit disconcerted by the number of people checking into the hotel with bodyguards (the bellhop mentioned its due to the high level of kidnappings, etc), I felt relatively safe wandering around by myself in chapultepac. Really wanted to see Leon Trotsky's house, but it wasn't in the cards. Next time.

Ok. Good to be back, and trying to catch up on emails and such. Here's some music for you (to be uploaded tomorrow morning 3/24- check back then)

Sleater Kinney- Entertain
Neu!- E-Muzik
Isolee- Face B
Maurice Fulton- Feel the Same
Rex the Dog- Frequency

I mentioned this re-edit a bit earlier on the blog. The Kieran Hebden edit of the good ones by the Kills. Amazing stuff

The Kills- The Good Ones (Kieran Hebden mix)

No comments: