Friday, June 10, 2005

Jon Pareles swilling the haterade over the new Coldplay record. And rightfully so, in my opinion.

I'm personally quite sick of Chris Martin's "shareholders are the world's greatest evil" sentiment, while people are shelling out 180 dollars for a pair of tickets to see the band in an monsterous arena. Based on the success of A Rush of Blood alone, I'm sure he has the resources to circumvent the evil capitalists and release the record on his own...

Such hypocricy. And don't even get me started on his Make trade fair ramblings...

Update: My friend Matt mentioned to me that evidently, the logo on the front of their new record is some cryptic code which, when deciphered, says "Fair Trade." Hm, doesn't this bring to mind the code on the side of the New Order Blue Monday 12'? Not only in concept, but it appears to be the exact same style and everything.

Here's an excerpt from the niagara site:
Q: What are those strange colours on the sleeve?
A: It's a colour code Peter Saville same up with, see Power, Corruption and Lies for decoding information (scroll down a bit)

No comments: