Sunday, July 10, 2005

AS LONG AS I CAN DANCE TO IT

My friend Dave played the full-length version of Justus Kohncke's Timecode out on Friday, and I must stay its stellar (literally, brah!). I couldn't help but think of how nice to drop the vocals from Lipps' Inc. How Long? over this version. Maybe a little edit is in order?

Also, for those of you in the NYC, be sure to check the Robert Smithson exhibit at the Whitney Museum. He's best known for his Spiral Jetty work, but also worked with several other materials/styles/ as well. I went today, and was surprised at the wide range of mediums and sheer volume of work for someone who was only 35 when he died. Bottom line: If the Boards of Canada had an official artist, I think Smithson would be it.

According to Gothamist:
On two weekends this fall (Sept 17 - 18 and Sept 24- 25), a man-made "island," consisting of a tug boat pulling a large barge loaded with earth and planted with various trees and shrubs according to Smithson's specifications, will travel around Manhattan's harbor. The project will be visible from various points along the city shorelines.

Justus Kohncke- Timecode (Edit)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just saw that today also! Smithson is amaze. It's always been my theory that he's responsible for all those rumored-to-be alien made crop circles. Spiral Jetty is just as cool (or cooler) than any alien art-- any day, any dimension.