Sunday, July 31, 2005

THIS AIN'T NO PARTY, THIS AINT NO DISCO

Snapped out of my perpertual techno disco electro mood for a bit, and I've been listening to a lot of downtempo post-jazz stuff today, which was my bread and butter a few years back (ninjatune/ mowax obsession). Really enjoying The Exposures, a Jan Jelinek side project, on Eastern Developments.

Also, I'm absolutely obsessed with Dabrye. I've known about this guy for ages (more for his James T. Cotton stuff), but this is the first time I've really paid a lot of attention to his album One/ Three. Great stuff. Pick it up here.

Dabrye-Smoking the Edge

It didn't take me very long to get back to techno. Here's a Michael Mayer radio mix that you might find enjoyable. The track at 15:01 or so rules. One night at the disccoooo.

Michael Mayer- Fabric 13 Radio/Promo Mix

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thanks for the link yo. much appreciated.

incase you havent already hit this up...
nas's new track. at the very top of the post.
http://www.blogebrity.com/blog/2005/07/recapped-politblogs_29.html

word colin.