Thursday, August 11, 2005

DRONES, DRONES, DRONES (I SAW THEM)

Last night, I attended the listening party for the new Boards of Canada record, The Campfire Headphase.It was kinda hard to actually hear anything over the din of conversation, but I can confirm that one of the tracks absolutely, positively blew my mind. The other tracks were trademark early Boards from what I could tell, but I couldn't really dig too deeply into the layers of melody. More on this when I can score an advance copy and have a listen on good headphones.

Some information from Pitchfork here.

Complete Tracklisting:
01 Into the Rainbow Vein
02 Chromakey Dreamcoat
03 Satellite Anthem Icarus
04 Peacock Tail
05 Dayvan Cowboy
06 A Moment of Clarity
07 '84 Pontiac Dream
08 Sherbert Head
09 Oscar See Through Red Eye
10 Ataronchronon
11 Hey Saturday Sun
12 Constants Are Changing
13 Slow This Bird Down
14 Tears From the Compound Eye
15 Farewell Fire

No comments: