Monday, August 15, 2005

WHATS NEW

Been in quite a mood lately, but I'm starting to snap out of it. Very very excited to hear good initial reviews coming from the new Sigur Ros album. If I had to list my favorite bands, they are certainly up there with the likes of BOC, Spacemen 3, Spiritualized, so on and so forth. More news on that over here.

Off to check out the Degeneration night over at scenic, Tommie Sunshines semi-newish weekly. Expect a full report upon my return.

Also, I know I don't give a tremendous amount of background (a la Fluxblog and other mp3 sites) to some of the tracks I post on this blog. Just trust me. They're worth your time. Can't stop listening to that Red Astaire rub of Marvin Gaye. So unbelievably melancholic in some of the new, perfectly sparse, instrumentals, yet uplifting at the same time. Wow. Put this on a mixtape for your ladyfriend.

Also, read the Clinton piece in NY Magazine this week. Also v. worth your time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It all good. I'm more about lettin the music speak a la bumrocks and cotton candy hammer

Dave Hughes said...

The new Sigur Ros album is very, very excellent. I will send it to you the next time I see you online.

Unknown said...

you know that scenestars was streaming the whole thing, right?