Saturday, December 02, 2006

I'm not sure why it has taken me this long to get the Beatport bug. In addition to the piles of promos I'm lucky enough to receive, I regularly buy a lot of music online through the itunes store, the Kompakt MP3 store, and via emusic. But, I let this one pass me buy for some reason. I spent a few hours on the site today trawling through their catalog, and most impressively, through a wide array of downloadable charts. I don't buy as much vinyl as I used to, and spend about 90 percent of my listening time on my laptop through Sony MDR-V6 headphones, so being able to buy 320 kps tracks (and only the track you want, rather than a 12 dollar import-only vinyl 12' with one good track), is really nice. So much of P2P file-sharing yields corrupt or low quality files, and it seems like more pain than it is worth. So, go check it out when you get a second, and be sure to listen to some of the stuff I picked up today:

Chateau Flight- Baccula
Elbee Bad- Show Me
Latex- The Porcupine
Gabriel Ananda- Doppelwhipper (Live)
Grindvik- Sepia
The Mole- In My Song
Loose Change- Kosovo
The Missing Link- 911
Matt John- Hologramm
Paul C- Minitools

Some new music to come. In the meantime, check out the latest Viva Radio installment

No comments: