Thursday, June 12, 2008

It's been a busy month of May: LA, DC for Radiohead (lawn seats in a downpour), Tokyo, Montreal for Mutek, and a quick breather in North Carolina.

Stay tuned for some photos when I get them downloaded from my loaner N95, as well as a Mutek writeup I contributed to in Earplug. There's also an interview with The Mole in the works.

In the meantime, Mr. Sherburne has a good writeup of the festival, which was incredibly good this year.

My personal highlights were Kode9/Spaceape, Chic Miniature, Flying Lotus, Fennesz and Tim Hecker. Unfortunately the Radio Slave set wasn't what I had hoped it would be, but was still great nonetheless.

Here are some things I've enjoyed over the past month:

Klimek- Dedications (wow)
Spiritualized- Songs in A&E
Nicola Ratti- From the Desert Came Saltwater
Nemeth- Film
The Mole- As High as the Sky
Muting the Noise (Innervisions Comp)
John Tejada- Where

I've also been revisiting the Cinematic Orchestra's back catalog as well as Root 70's Heaps Dub.

No comments: