Tuesday, June 28, 2005

MORE GREEN PLS

I'm behind this idea 100 percent, especially as I find myself spending more and more time at the lovely new west side park/ promendade:

"The master plan for an East River esplanade, which was unveiled last month by Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg, is a welcome reprieve from that New York cliché. Covering a two-mile stretch of waterfront from Battery Park to East River Park in Lower Manhattan, the project will transform a series of abandoned piers and derelict corners beneath the Franklin D. Roosevelt Drive into a vibrant urban panorama without sacrificing the rough edges."
New York needs more green space, period. It's what I miss the most about London. The Brits take their parks quite seriously. Ever stroll through Regents' park on a Sunday afternoon? If so, I'm sure you get my point.

No comments: